- Have a plan to check in with someone during the holiday weekend
- With someone you trust, develop communication codes and what they stand for in case of urgency such as: contact the police, come over, etc.
- When visiting with family or having people over for a gathering, know what will make the situation safer such as not having alcohol present, finding a way to be physically separated from the abusive partner, etc.
- If you have children, let them know ahead of time who they can contact or go to in case of emergency including trusted family, friends, and local service providers.
- Keep these hotlines handy-
FVPP Crisis Line (Native-focused): 775-722-8794
Crisis Support Services of Nevada: Call/Text 988
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233